Monday, May 17, 2010

What's Up Doc

Well, It's Monday and things continue to settle down, sort of.


Yesterday, breakfast consisted of porridge, but by afternoon I was hanging out for something with texture / substance.  Mr Patel's cheat sheet said I should be able to start to return to normal diet, so time to push that idea.


Trip to the supermarket sees me come back with some soft bread rolls, tins of soup and some chocolate fish (surely marshmallow will be easy to digest).


Well, I discovered the new "skill" of chewing with my front teeth only and must have looked like a rabbit.  The chockie fish wasn't all that easy as it turned out, but I persevered.  Soup with bread rolls went down a treat for dinner.


Still struggling with the pill timing, so hopefully by trying to resume eating in earnest today, this will be back on track by end of the day.


Slept in normal position last night and awoke to what is becoming the norm of a stiff jaw.  Haven't taken any more painkillers and in reality jaw is now at stage of a "normal" toothache, so can save them for later.


Swelling actually not as bad today as I thought it would be and tenderness also starting to fade, although the right side of mouth is still worse than the left.


Have checked to see what Wednesday appointment is about and seems it is all about kidney function tests as precursor to the chemotherapy.  I'll have some "pictures" taken first thing, then a cannula will be inserted to allow for hourly blood sampling.  Seems a book might indeed be order of the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment