Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tomorrow's Friday And....

I tempted fate.  Should have just kept my mouth shut and all would have been right with the world.


Yesterday was first day back at work for can't remember how long.  A late start with getting the stitches out, but Mr Patel was really happy with his handiwork and my recovery.


Was really good being busy and around people, but had to leave work early because I was plain knackered.  Each day I'm regaining my strength and aim is to be as close to 100% as I can get before treatment proper starts.


As they say, "take one day at a time" and I have a new appreciation for that now. Can't try to go charging back like nothing has happened - I've had 3 procedures in 3 weeks, so need to acknowledge the need to recuperate.


This morning I feel another step better, so looking forward to an even better day.


Anyway, back to tempting fate.  In the last post I closed with: "Tomorrow I have an 8:20 appointment to remove the stitches in my mouth and, believe it or not, that is the only medical appointment I have for the rest of this week.  I hope I haven't tempted fate".


Well, I did.  My appointment with the medical oncologist - Catherine Barrow - is now scheduled for 10am tomorrow.  Not sure what we'll be covering off, but will know by this time tomorrow.


I've also arranged to go and see the endoscopy unit at Hutt on the way through.  Seems Jake is dribbling around the stoma (the hole in my stomach).  It's not huge amounts, but better to get it checked before we get too far down the path.


So, yet again, Friday will take on a medical feel.  At least it isn't going to be as intrusive as others have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment