Saturday, May 8, 2010

Monday

A strange start to the day.  Dropped the Vette off to get the alarm fitted, so have had time to clear my head while walking to work.

Still haven’t decided how I’m going to do this.  Oh well, see how it pans out.

Have an email from my MD asking how it went, so will now put my resolve to the test.  Give him a phone call and he asks how things go.  Tell him not that well and about the diagnosis.  Silence, then “tell us what we need to do to help you”.  I feel very lucky to have this sort of support from my employer.  It is also interesting to note that despite feeling like I had accepted all of this, actually having to tell people again is rather unsettling.  I can feel some tears starting to well up, but remain in control.  Didn’t think it was actually going to be this hard and there are lots more people to tell yet.

During the day I face up to more colleagues and they all greet the news with shock, but unfaltering support for me.

Tomorrow will tell my team before telling my fellow management team members.

No comments:

Post a Comment