Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tuesday

Have a meeting booked for after lunch to tell the team.  Again see full honesty as best approach.

Back from the meeting with the team and again the news was followed by a period of silence.  Getting used to that now.  Had meeting later in the day with some of the managers, same reaction.  Will tell rest tomorrow so they’re aware before any news spreads.

Got home tonight and the appointment card for my follow-up with Mr Morrissey was in the mail.  Along with a second one for an Oncology appointment on Wednesday afternoon.  Guess the 20% uncertainty is now removed.  Despite having known in back of my mind this would be outcome, still knocked me back a bit.

Texted Faye and we’ve agreed not to tell the others just yet – not sure they’re quite ready for it.

Moira is coming for tea tonight, so that will be another teary session.  She has arrived and I’ve just handed the appointment card to her.  Hugs all round.

Have decided to stop taking the Tramadol – googled the side effects and they match what I’m experiencing, so those pills are off my list going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment