Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some Light Bedtime Reading/Viewing

Wendie has left  behind a plastic satchel full of books - as well as a DVD: "looking after yourself during chemotherapy".


There are all sorts of books from the cancer society and my own diary/planner to record the various appointments.  These guys are obviously pretty on to it and I'll slowly start working my way through them, especially the one on neck/head cancers.


Seems I really drew a short straw with TC coming to play.  Off all the cancers contracted, only approx 4% are neck/head ones.  So, not only was I unlucky to get it at all, I'm really unlucky to get such a rare one.


And to add salt to the wound so to speak, treatment for neck/head cancer is one of the most intensive.


Apparently not too long ago, primary treatment was operation to cut it out.  Now they see that long term benefits of treatment regime I'm about to start is superior, even though it obviously has a longer recuperation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment