Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wednesday to Friday

Things have settled back into a routine now.
With each passing day, the effects of the Tramadol are wearing off.  Nice to have those bodily functions back to normal believe me.  Rash still a tad annoying, but less so each day.

Got a call from Mr Morrissey on Wednesday morning to confirm diagnosis.  Told him I’d figured that out as the oncology appointment card had arrived – he apologised as he’d hoped to get to me first.

Had a lunch with the team on Thursday and they surprised me with a belated birthday present that,  as things have now turned out, will also end up being great for any hospital stays as well – an iPhone docking station/stereo.  It will not only charge my iPhone, but I’ll also be able to plug my headphones in so don’t disturb others.  I’m truly humbled by this gesture.

Still having some issues with eating/swallowing, but voice is getting stronger each day and think anaesthetic has almost done its dash.

Friday night now, week is over and as far as I’m concerned everyone that needs to know now does.  Hurricanes have beaten the Reds (another scary start, but saved at the end) and got dinner at Ruth’s tomorrow night to look forward to.

Have unpacked the IPhone station and it has pretty impressive sound.  God help the other patients if I forget to plug the headphones in.

Have made decision that will tell Ruth, Chris & Pat about my Wednesday appointment at dinner.  Not fair on me to be holding it back and at least we’ll all be there to support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment