Friday, January 28, 2011

The Body Does Weird Things Sometimes

It's now over a week since Jake was removed and things have gone really well on the healing front.  


The wound is healing really well, but at the moment I still have two belly buttons - the hole where Jake was is still quite noticeably indented.  It is slowly flattening out and I don't honestly know if it will eventually become "flush" again.  To some extent, I'd like it to stay noticeable so I have a visual "memory" of what I've been through.  A case of wait and see.  


The weird thing though is that since Jake came out, my sleeping patterns have changed.  Although the only change to diet/drinking habits/routine was Jake coming out, I'm now not getting up as often during the night.  Don't understand it, but happy for the extra sleep.


Given everything my body has been through (often without any input/control from me) over the last nine months, I shouldn't really be surprised at this latest little surprise, but I had already gotten myself in a good space before Jake came out and didn't think there was anything that would happen as a result - bar the need to care for the wound obviously.


Moral of the story - never, ever underestimate the wonder that is our body.


The range of food I can eat seems to continue to widen as I find more foods that I can now tolerate.  This week, for instance, I've had a sandwich for lunch on two occasions and apart from the crusts, the bread doesn't seem to be presenting the obstacles it has in the past.


There are still some limitations, but they seem to be lessening over time, so that is another step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment