Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Step Towards Normality

Had my appointment with the dietician yesterday and passed the magic weight threshold.  I was leaving nothing to chance, having resorted to weighing my clothes to make sure I wore the heaviest options.  For example, my choice of t-shirt was 150gm heavier than one of the alternatives and my shoe choice was 200gm heavier than the normal shoes I would have worn.


End result is Paul is happy to now refer me back to endoscopy to get Jake taken out.  Just have to wait for them to contact me for an appointment - hopefully sooner than later.


I also scored brownie points for the variety of foods I'm now managing to include in my diet - Paul was impressed I can manage peanuts now.


The discussion also covered off what happens if my weight drops between now and the next appointment (which by the way will now be the gang of seven clinic, no need for separate sessions with Paul any more) and so long as it is managed weight loss, he is OK with it.  What this means is providing I'm still eating, building endurance, muscle, etc, any weight loss isn't going to count against me.  They will however be concerned, as will I, if there is uncontrolled loss e.g. another gastric bug.


So, all in all, a pretty good start to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment