Thursday, June 3, 2010

You Have To Be Joking

Having got my head in the right space for the mask/scans (well, as much as I can anyway), you can understand that I'm keen to just get on with it now.


Liz has confirmed my appointment for Friday for the scans and as I'm to see the nurse first, says not to take the pills beforehand.  So everything is aligning right? Wrong.


I've got a god-damn head cold now.  Runny nose and sore raspy throat are really going to help my ability to breathe in a confined space aren't they.


Saw Tatiana yesterday and while she wanted to prescribe a steroid based solution, she has had to err on the side of caution as we don't want the steroids to linger and potentially upset the chemo.  So, I've now got some Otravine nasal spray to try and kick this.


Talked to Ruth last night and she has given me some natural cold and flu drops, so giving those a go as well.


Don't really want to have to reschedule, but if I'm not feeling considerably better this afternoon, I see no point in wasting the hospitals time as it just won't work.


On the positive side, Tatiana is not at all worried about the Diabetes at the moment.  We'll monitor with blood tests after each two weeks of treatment to see what is happening.


Bloody cold, timing couldn't be much worse.  Bugger damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment