Monday, July 26, 2010

And More Days Pass With No Blog Updates

When all this started, I had firm ideas what was going to be involved and how it would all affect me.
As you will have seen along the way, I've had to accept reality, park my bravado and to a large extent just come along for the ride.


The last couple of weeks have indeed been a real eye opener, and I don't think I have been successful in getting across just how distressing this time has been.


I said I'd take time to gather my thoughts, get my brain in order and have another go at getting my message across.  As you'll have noticed, this hasn't happened yet and I don't honestly know how long it is going to take me to get there.  With every passing day, many more things happen and I'm sure I'll eventually miss some stuff first time through, but I am determined to keep this as accurate a record as it can be.


As a heads up, the weekend had some scary moments and today I had to come face to face with one of my fellow combatants being told they will lose the fight - all within a paltry 7 days of the initial diagnosis.  That is very grounding and a reason to count your own blessings.  Also interesting to see how he is handling the news.  This guy was my room-mate for only one day and we developed an instant rapport - during our many middle of the night waking moments, we actually had some bloody good chats about our situations and I admired his attitude and outlook.


On the positive side, today's Chemo and RT marked the start of week 5 - so this week and two more to go - last treatment date of Friday 13th August is fast approaching.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment