Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An Unexpected Side Effect

You'd think by now I would be pretty much aware of all of the lasting side effects of the last year, I know I thought I was.


Well, I got a wee surprise today.  I went to buy a new pair of shoes and it seems that along with my waistline, my feet have also gone on a diet and I now take shoes a 1/2 size smaller than before.  Bugger me, wasn't expecting that.  Also, in some cases I needed a wide fit, whereas now I'm a standard fit.


This hasn't really come to light before now because I was quite happily wearing shoes I already had and they seemed to fit just fine.  I'll potentially disappoint the females out there - I do not see this as a reason to rush out and buy heaps of new shoes just because of that.  I'll happily continue with replacing them on an "as required" basis.  I will however check all my existing shoes to make sure I don't wear anything that has become too loose and therefore uncomfortable.


While I'm at it, I have been somewhat remiss in not updating the blog for a couple of weeks now.  In all honesty, things have been ticking along quite nicely of late.  My weight is staying stable, I'm feeling a bit stronger physically and my stamina seems to hold up to longer, more frequent exercise as well.


I'm still aware I'm not 100% in some areas, but the list seems to be either slowly diminishing, or I'm adjusting somehow so some things don't hinder me as much and I move on.  Life is all about adjustments now, and as I've said before, I have to admit many of them are good ones despite the "background".


Oh, and the 27th of May was rather an "auspicious" day.  In fact one could say it was one of 3 x 27th's that day.  Confused?  In the mail on the 27th, came the details of my next clinic appointment - 27th July, and joy of joys, my hearing appointment - the 27th of June.


The hearing has been a bit "strange" of late.  I was watching TV yesterday and in an instant, the whole sound level just changed.  I'm used to the ringing, etc in my ears now, but imagine if you can,  listening to something with a lot of treble notes (making it sound a bit "rough"), then in an instant it becomes bass note intensive and strangely quite clear.  Sorry, best I could come up with as an example of the extent of the change.  It was rather short-lived though and the ringing, etc is back "to normal".  
There are times when I struggle with the fact that although my hearing has been affected, loud noises still "insult" my ears.  Weird.  Never mind, only a couple of weeks to go and hopefully I'll have a better picture of the way forward.


There is also something afoot in another area that is quite interesting, but I'll keep that under wraps for another time to see if it is an apparition or something more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment