Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Score: Winter-1; Immune System-0

Last night bought back all sorts of memories and not many of them good.


In a short space of time after getting home last night, my nose started to run and my head started to hurt.  Damn it, I've got a head cold! 
Last year, everyone stayed clear of me, so I avoided any colds & flus.  This year, I don't even know where I got it from, but I'm feeling all sorry for myself as a result.


So, last night was spent running around after my nose (fortunately I had a stock of tissues to call on) , then when I went to bed, the routine started to resemble the heady times of last year - up to the loo almost hourly, struggling to get comfortable, blowing my nose seemingly endlessly and eventually having to sleep on my back in an elevated position.


On the plus side, at least I know this is going to pass in the next couple of days, whereas last year, the routine seemed to be without end.


The one obvious lesson - take your immune system boosting pills Russell.  They are sitting on the table, but I just kept forgetting to take them.  Won't do that again.


And the obvious observation - my immune system is still a tad "delicate", so I'll need to continue being careful.  I will admit I thought it would probably be almost back to normal by now, but I was obviously wrong.  


I'm actually at home now trying to shake off the cold - in the past, I'd have just continued going to work (and share it around).  This time however, and as much a precaution for myself as anything, I left work at lunchtime and don't intend going back until I'm feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment