Thursday, April 7, 2011

17cm is a lot

6.7 inches in the old lingo actually, but what has that got to do with this blog?


Well, I got my suit out of the closet the other day and decided to try it on.  The jacket still fits quite well, perhaps a tad loose, but still an acceptable fit.  The trousers, however, were quite another issue.  You see, the 17 cm is the difference in waist size between the suit pants and my current "apparel" - I'm that much smaller around the waist than I used to be.


While there was no disputing I'd lost weight and am now wearing smaller sized pants, the full impact has been masked somewhat as it has been somewhat of a gradual progression - I'd buy new jeans along the way that didn't fall off me and it was just a case of them being a size or so smaller than the last ones.


The full 17cm difference as such a visual exercise was a bit of a shock - but also rather pleasing to be fair.


So, the mission for this weekend is to journey off to the suit shop and see if I can get a pair of correctly sized trousers to match the jacket.  I'd hate to have to buy a whole new suit, but if I had to, it would be another outward symbol of how much my life (and body) has changed as a result of my little battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment