Monday, March 21, 2011

The Toad Still Rocks

Some good news, Toad In The Hole is still a viable meal alternative.  Sure, it requires some contribution from gravy, but that is an acceptable situation.


Interestingly, some other foods are becoming less effort as well over time.  For example, potatoes of the non-mashed variety (roasted, fried chunks) are certainly less of a challenge than they were a month or so ago.  The processed potato (chips, wedges) are still very much hit and miss.  Seems if they are "natural", they offer less resistance.


Had a full on week at work last week, and it took its toll over the weekend when I finally "stopped".  The last couple of weekends have seen me returning to "normal" type activities - sorting out the shed, lawns, washing car, housework, etc.  This weekend, I did some of those things on Saturday, but crashed on Sunday.  I just had no energy and "wasted" a reasonable day weather wise.


Despite saying I'm going to pace myself, it has been really hard to do that lately with the workload.  I still see it as a positive thing that I acknowledge the issue and I'm not letting it go, but just have to keep chipping away at it to get it more under my control again.


I'm walking with Ruth S and her new puppy (Jethro) a couple of times a week now as well, and normally an hour at a time, so that is helping the rebuilding of energy levels.


All in all, things are continuing to improve.



No comments:

Post a Comment