Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oops - Body Reasserts Control

OK, so of late I've been feeling pretty good and starting to behave like days of old.  I've also taken it a step further and started to partake in some former favourite food treats as well.


Latest treat was to sample the joy that is marshmallow Easter eggs.  While my ability to eat chocolate is now largely governed by the saliva condition (and tends to mean minimal quantities), last night I managed, over a couple of hours, to eat 2 of the aforementioned eggs.


Well, the joy ended up being relatively short-lived as when I went to bed, I started to feel sick.  It is the first time since I've resumed eating that I've felt like that, and it was not pleasant and not something I want to experience again any time soon.


With the body clearly reasserting its control, the night was one of broken sleep and a slightly elevated sleeping position, along with some out of the norm trips to the loo.  Today I've felt pretty much washed out, although the stomach seems to have settled back nicely.


So, lesson learnt, and it is one my Mum would have told me probably many times as I was growing up - too much of a good thing is bad for you.  Last night proved that to me.


On the upside, this little wake-up call does mean that Easter will last longer for me this year as the chocolate will be effectively rationed.  


And of course, I've been reminded that things aren't what they were and I still need to take things a little more cautiously than I may think I do. 


Now, where are the jet planes?

No comments:

Post a Comment