Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Yippee Moment

Had an appointment with the Hutt Hospital dental unit this morning.


I'm not sure whether it is a blessing or a curse, but I possess a rather strong gag reflex that is legendary within my medical team (and my normal dentist).  This reflex has meant every time the guys try to look down my throat to see just how the left tonsil is now, they can't see because my gag kicks in.


So, they decided to give me some laughing gas as that apparently overcome gag reflexes.  This morning's appointment was the moment of truth.


I would say it was successful, because they managed to get enough of a look before the reflex did eventually kick in.


The Yippee Moment - everything looks fine.  The tonsil is not showing any signs of sinister activity.  There is still some scarring in the throat from the radiotherapy, which no doubt explains my ongoing discomfort, but I quite honestly don't care at the moment.  I'm happy to just bask in the good news today.


Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment