Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Positive Results Keep Coming

Last Thursday I had my annual diabetes check-up.  Prior to my cancer challenges, I was diagnosed as borderline type 2 diabetic.  Before we could do much about it, the cancer made itself known and all efforts went on fighting that.

At my check-up last year, things were looking pretty good, but again as I was still in full recovery mode, they were more than happy to leave that as the priority.

This year I'm obviously "fighting fit", so it was going to be interesting as to what the results were.  I had to fast for 12 hours before blood tests on the Saturday (a bit of a bugger as that was the night of the work Christmas party), but I duly obeyed and "donated" 3 vials of blood.

Come Thursday, the moment of truth arrived - and it was all good news.  My results put my levels fair and square in the "ideal" range, they were happy with my weight and my feet (I presume there is a reason they check them) passed muster as well.

All good for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment