Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No Doubt Who Is In Charge


And it isn't me.  Despite all the progress over the last year, my body still likes to exert its authority from time to time.

Yes, I should know better, but as I've started to feel more "normal", the usual warning sniffles seemed to be less of an inconvenience, and more modest in impact.  Damn it, the body was obviously lulling me into a false sense of security.

Maybe I was getting a little cocky, but the weekend was actually quite full on and I was feeling pretty good.  Out for dinner on Friday night, trip to the butcher on Saturday, some gardening and housework to round out the day.  Good day, but that night there was an inkling of sniffles coming. On Sunday, the weather was pretty good, so I spent my first day without wearing my thermals and was pretty comfortable temperature wise - well, I thought I was.  The day was filled with cruising, shopping and some more gardening.  That night it was off to the club to watch the rugby final and I made sure I was warm all night (thermals back in the picture now, I'm not that stupid as to overlook the obvious temperature drop at the end of the day), even on the trip home .  But, come yesterday morning, the sniffles were really starting to take hold and despite a good night's sleep, I was starting to feel decidedly flat.  The day was pretty low key, no risks taken re body temperature, but still the sniffles marched on.

This morning, it's fair to say that the sniffles have become a minor head cold.  My nose is running, throat is a little hoarse and I'm certainly not on top of my game energy level wise.

So, it would seem I've pushed the envelope a tad with regards what my body can tolerate and I can't abandon my thermals just yet.  I certainly hope that time will come when the warmer weather finally takes over, but in the meantime, it looks like I'm going to have to be more conservative in my approach and take a bit more care.

It certainly hammers home that I'm still "special" in that my body still requires me to do things differently and the fact it is warm isn't a signal for me to follow others and dispense with the extra layer of warmth that my body obviously still needs.

Oh well, Gang of Seven tomorrow, so that should provide a distraction from feeling sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment