Monday, September 13, 2010

Geez, Another Week Bites The Dust

Not sure if it is a sign of improving health, but the last week seems to have flown by.


Optometrist visit went well.  They couldn't find any signs of diabetes, but did see some early indications of glaucoma.  That could be an issue in my 60's, but can and will be treated as and when it becomes more of an issue.


Had my visit from Brian to do some of the budget stuff.  That went well - great to get back into some real work and get the old grey matter chugging over again.


The small toothbrush worked a treat and it was great to clean my teeth, although the taste in the mouth took some time to normalise after it.  Because I need to use high fluoride toothpaste, you don't rinse out after you've cleaned, so it is a strange sensation.


With regards food, that took a back seat as the pain sensation in my throat has changed.  Up until recently the pain has been centralised - like a tickling sort of thing in the middle of my throat.  Now it is more widespread in that it feels like it is right across my throat.  Discomfort level is up  bit and the sensation is different, therefore presenting some issues.  Went to the after hours doctor on  Saturday just for safety and he couldn't find any secondary infections, so I'm now adopting the attitude that it is part of the overall healing process.


Sharon, the new community oncology nurse (replaces Wendie) came to introduce herself this morning.  We discussed where I was at pain wise and eating wise and she was happy with my progress.  Seems that the morphine level is about right given that I'm still needing a couple of top-ups.  Once I can eliminate those, they'll look at reducing the pump dosage - gradually.  She reiterated that the radiation treatment would still have been doing its stuff for a couple of weeks after the last session, so we should be 


So, this week will see a continued assault on eating, some more real work and hopefully a couple of trips out and about catching up with people (chauffeurs willing)

No comments:

Post a Comment