Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another All Clear

Today was clinic day and despite the fact I've had so many, it is still hard to predict what format it will take.

This time it was a more familiar process.  Hearing test first (no significant change), then sit and then wait for Mr Morrissey to see me and give me a look over.

Like most medical appointments, it requires a fair degree of sitting around waiting, which begs the questions as to whether you should really tun up on time, or just arrive late and reduce the waiting time.  It was 20 odd minutes after we arrived before  being called in for the hearing test, and then we waited another 10 minutes or so for Mr Morrissey.

As the title of the post says, it was another good result.  He is happy and there is no sign of the cancer having made a return visit.  While he won't say I'm cured yet, he said in reality it isn't too far away given we're almost at the third anniversary mark.

Next clinic is in six months time, but he said in reality by the time they make the appointment, etc it will be more likely closer to nine months, which he felt was a good time anyway.

It's a funny old thing timing.  We discussed how things had all settled down, etc and how this is probably as good as it gets for me.  That's all fine and I have admitted more than once that I don't really think about it too much now, but circumstances transpired to give me a gentle prod this evening.  Our home phone was dead and the ensuing calls with Telecom to try and get it sorted has left me with a very dry / raspy throat.  If that's the price of still being here, I'm more than happy to pay it.

No comments:

Post a Comment